Wagoe

So on Sunday, I went to wagoe with my family to help out again. This time we went there to help tag the goats and separate the sheep. Well, me and dad and helped, we told mum she didn’t need to help so she just had a chat. Sonny was pretty cautious with going anywhere near the goats after his last experience with them.

On Wednesday we went to move the goats from across the road into one of my uncles enclosures. While doing that one of the goats ran straight into him and hit him directly into the testicles. After that he’s a lot more cautious and it was pretty funny to witness the entire thing.

So the three of us (My Uncle, Dad and I) all jumped into the pen and got started. What we would have to do is we would grab one of the goats by the horn and hold down it in between your legs until my uncle put the tag through it’s ear and like puncture the other.

There weren’t too many goats to tag, only about 38 or so. It wasn’t too tedious or anything like that as most of the goats were nanny goats or only little. The little goats were harder to catch and hold onto in my opinion. They didn’t have very big horns so you could hardly grab onto them there.

After we tagged all the goats we had a bit of lunch and headed off to sort out the sheep. I got to drive over there in Dad’s land cruiser which was fun to do and it’s good to learn in as its a manual but not too difficult to drive around in.

You wouldn’t think it but there were about five hundred sheep in one pen and we had to separate the ones that my uncle were going to sell the next day and the ones that he was keeping.

This was too difficult either and the whole thing was quite fun. We stayed there till about five thirty then headed home.