About Me

Ummm, hi. My name is Jordan I live in Kalbarri which is located six hours north of Perth along the coast of WA. I am 14 years of age and enjoy things such as surfing, footy, swimming and a little bit of diving. I live with a family of four. I only have one brother who is younger than me and a complete rat. I also live with my mummy and daddy. I also like to listen to music and currently excited to get my hands on the Green Day Album. It’s going to be so good. Other bands that I enjoy a lot are My Chemical Romance, System of a Down, Limp Bizkit, Neon Trees and many more.

In my spare time I either listen to music or go for a surf. There are plenty of places to surf in Kalbarri. For when the swell is smaller and as long as there is no swell beaches such as Blue Holes, Dang Dangs or Echoes are all really good spots. The surf spot that Kalbarri is most famous for is Jacques Beach. Jacques beach is about a five minute drive south of town and actually holds three really good surf breaks. These include breaks are known as The Point, Lopes and The Bay. All of these breaks kinda connect together so that when you get a really good and a really big wave. You can ride it all the way from the start of the point, through Lopes and into the bay.

But if there is no swell. Then there is a problem. I used to free dive when it was good but I can’t really do it anymore mainly due to the fact that I don’t have a spear gun any more. That’s because dad accidentally snapped it while loading it. Plus I couldn’t ever equalise due to my sinuses being blocked. To equalise is to like make the pressure in your ear drum equal to the pressure of the water that is applying it. Or something like that. I’ll still occasionally go for a snorkel or something but if its dead flat then I’d just grab a couple of mates and go rock jumping down at pot alley.

I attend school at Kalbarri District High School because it is the only school in Kalbarri and the nearest school is about another 100km’s away. Kalbarri is only a small town with about 2000 people living it, I think, not really sure. Kalbarri is mainly located alongside a river known as Murchison River. But there are still many beaches located nearby as mentioned before. When you follow the river further in land you come across the national park and in it are locations like the gorges, natures window the z bend and many more. I really haven’t gone to any of these locations for a long time so I can’t really remember what the locations are like but I hear that they are really nice.

There is not really a general sport that the majority of the town revolves around. A fair few people are from NSW and Queensland so they more enjoy rugby but there isn’t a team for it. Some people play footy some play golf, some play a bit of cricket. A large amount of women in the community play netball though. You don’t see too many footy games in Kalbarri, there is only like one or two games that get held here a year. But everyone is generally pretty enthusiastic about them and you get some pretty good crowds on those days.

But for the majority of the time you’ll have to go to Northampton or further get any consistent games being played. Most kids that play footy play for the Northampton rams and play against other clubs from Geraldton, Dongara, and many more. I usually play for Northampton as well but this year I didn’t as there weren’t enough players for a team. But my brother does play for them now.

And that’s pretty much me.