About Me (Lochie)

I am 15 years old. I have lived in Kalbarri for 15 years. Kalbarri is located on the West Coast of Australia, about 650km North of Perth. I have a family of four. I have an older brother that is 19, a mother and a father. I have a pet dog named Ziggy, he is a Labradoodle and he is 2 years old. My interests are fishing/cliff fishing and spearfishing. I’ve been fishing since I was three. I started cliff fishing when I was 7 years old and intend to follow in my Dads shoes. The best fish I have caught cliff fishing is a Pink Snapper and intend to catch a 25kg Spanish Mackerel like my Dad.

Kalbarri is almost surrounded by water. On the west side of Kalbarri is the Indian Ocean and on the East side of Kalbarri is the Murchison River. Kalbarri is famous for its great fishing and surfing. One of the most famous places for surfing is Jakes Point. Most of Kalbarri is just dirt, mud, sand and rock. In summer it gets really hot, the hottest it has gotten is 47⁰C and in winter it can get to 6⁰C at night and in the early mornings.

I am good at running, fishing, spearfishing and sleeping. This year we had a running carnival and I came champion boy and my friend came runner up. The biggest fish I have caught is a 18kg Spanish mackerel and a 80+ kg bronze whaler shark.