MISSING PARTS

MISSING PARTS

On Thursday morning I was riding my bike around the town. 20 minutes in I heard a weird noise coming from my crank I didn’t bother checking and decided to keep riding.  Five minutes later I heard a load of loud clinking and the sound of something scraping along the ground.   This time I decide to stop. I realised my chain was broken and checked through my bag for my phone. After 5 minutes of searching through the bag I remembered I left it plugged in charging on the bench.

NP

It was too far to just walk home so I sat on a nearby bench and waited for someone to come by. Twenty minutes past and still not one person had come past. I remember putting a big ball of elastic bands in my bag because I was using them for glove guns.  It was getting really hot out and I decided to play with the elastic bands to take my mind off the heat.

NP

I was thinking of ways how I could fix my chain but couldn’t think of one way.  The heat was getting to me and I was getting dehydrated I was very close to being out of water and needed to get out of here. I decided to start walking.  After about 100 metres of walking I thought of a way to make my bike run again. I sat on the ground and starting joining the elastic bands together in a chain formation.  Finally I got to my last band and measured it next to my chainIt was the exact same size it had turned out better than I thought. I joined the first and the last band around the crank and made it into a chain.  It made the bike go but was very fragile, it was working quite well but I had to be careful. It was a bit faster than walking but as I had to go slow.  It was a bit longer than if I had a normal chain. I got home quite late but at least I made it home.

One thought on “MISSING PARTS

1. Lachlan, a very interesting story.

The highlighted parts are where you forgot to put in full stops and capital letters!!!
    As you will see, I have broken it into paragraphs. These are the details that lose you marks. Please be more careful.

I’m disappointed that you and Jarod wrote the same story.