Music

Okay, first blog post of the term. What to blog about? How about music, everybody loves music, but what is it? What is music, what does it represent and why is it that we enjoy it so much?

I don’t really have an answer to that, but according to the dictionary, the definition of music is ‘an art of organising sound in significant forms to express ideas and emotion through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony and colour.’ So what does this mean in a more simple form? Well from my interpretation of it, music tends to tell a story. These stories can be very realistic and relatable  to the listener. It can also be over the top crazy and tell us these wild unimaginable tales with mythological creatures fighting aliens in medieval times. That’s probably a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

Songs can vary in length as well. Some might only last for a single minute and another might last for ten even fifteen minutes. These can depend on what the artist is trying to achieve, they might want a song short to, I guess pump you up for the next song. The song that is played afterwards could be fifteen minutes long. The longer songs are supposed to be, awe – inspiring, emotional and downright epic.

There’s also just so many genres of music to choose from. The ones that I can name from just off the top of my head include; pop, hip hop, rap, rock, classic rock, punk rock, jazz, classical, opera, RnB, soul, alternative and many, many more. There is a genre for just about everyone no matter what your into.

This is probably why music is so popular throughout the entire history of humanity. Because everyone has their own artist, their own little thing that they enjoy and can relate to. If someone enjoys that same bit of music, then you have someone to talk to and relate upon on something.

Music brings us all together as everyone enjoys and everyone has their favourite song that is the same as someone else.

One thought on “Music