My accomplishment

My accomplishment:

At the beginning of 2010, I was persuaded to start training in karate. Being only the beginning I was at the end of the line wearing a white belt, along with 2 more beginners. Over the year I had been building up my potential and my strength.

Finally the holidays had come and the karate season was over for the year. By this time I was green belt, with 2 stripes. In the holidays I was advised to continue keeping fit, this means running every day and eating healthy, so I was ready to compete in the karate competition against Carnarvon with the rest of my class.

Finally the day had come my best friend’s Mother had pulled up on the drive way as I was walking down stairs, my mum not being far behind me. I loaded all of my luggage into the car and said goodbye to my mum whilst I was hopping in the back of the car. I sat next to her son and daughter Amity and Indie. Both Amity and I were competing in the same karter and we were both fairly nervous.

Finally we reach Carnarvon PCYC and Amity and I were told to go stretch in the hall and prepare for our competition. About half an hour later our karate sensae came out to gather us all for a group talk, she told us just to do our best and compete at the best we can. When we had finished our group discussion, I was first up. I was so nervous but started my karter in front of the judges. After I had finished my karter I was put aside so the opposition could complete her karter. After everyone has competed it was time to eat, I had an apple and a bottle of water to keep me energised.

After everyone had eaten, I was first up to do some non-contact sparring against a girl named Jamilla. It was so much fun and everyone was so proud of me as I had won both competitions against Carnarvon.

Finally presentations came and everyone was so excited to see who had won either Shark Bay or Carnarvon. The points were announced for each individual and I had the highest points out of everyone, I was accomplished with a medal of winning both tournaments. Finally the winning team was announced and it was SHARKBAY, we had a mass of 657 points. Everyone was so happy and my sensae was so proud of me for winning first place in everything.

Now it was time to head back to Shark Bay, but before we all went home, sensae wanted us to all go to the Shark Bay hall as she wanted to award us with our new belts.

After the long drive home, Amity and I were so tired and just wanted to go home, but we were both looking forward to getting awarded with our new belts. I finally upgraded to a blue belt with 1 stripe and think it was the best day as I and won a medal, upgraded to a blue belt and our team won for our karate grading.

One thought on “My accomplishment

1. Mia, what a great accomplishment and a very well written story. Well done and thanks for sharing with us. Do you still do karate or is it too difficult in our town? If not, I hope you have found something else to enjoy.

Be careful with one and won. One is the number; won is past tense of win.

Good work!