The Refugee That Lost His Family

Dear family

I was forced to leave my country because of war. On this amazing and scary trip we encounter pirates and many storms. The pirates tried to steal from us many times but there was nothing for them to take apart from food and water. Many people died from children to parents. When we first left the port there were 60 people, by the end only thirty remain.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity I saw land. About a day later I walked on land for the first time in weeks, maybe months. I have been by myself for about a year now in a refugee camp in some place that I have never heard of. I really want to know where you are so that I can see you again. I look over the boundary of camp and all I see is dirt and burnt bushes. The dirt is red like the fur on the back of a kangaroo. There are many small shacks that have rusted out. Many children are slouching around because of things that have happened to them. The other day a kid laying on the ground and he was just staring into the dark night sky.

Every day I wake up in a tent full of people with a horrific smell in my face. It smells like rotten food and vomit. It smells so bad that I wear a mask on my face all day and all night. I sleep in a small shake looking tent that is no bigger than a school room with thirty people in it. I am feeling really sad and alone. It’s like I’m not even living in this world. I have barely anything, all I have is a passport and a few pairs of clothes. I look like a worm I’m that hungry and thirsty. I sleep on a two person mattress on the ground with eight other people on it. I miss good food and school but I miss you the most.

Everyone at the refugee camp wants me to be happy and grateful for where I am and what I have, but I’m very lonely, a wolf without a pack. I want to go home but it isn’t safe. All I want to do is feel the warm hug of our family. Every night I dream of you standing in front of me holding my hands. I miss you so much and I can’t wait to see you for the first time in a long time. Please help me I’m like a lonely cloud in the endless sky.

Yours sincerely

Your son/bro xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoox By beau

One thought on “The Refugee That Lost His Family